Rosemary was Re: [Sca-cooks] bananas are herbs?

Lord Boroghul Khara boroghul at narn.pecan-tree.com
Sat Feb 28 07:16:52 PST 2004

Maire uge-ber:

>> And I doubt I can grow bay laurel (wrong climate up here). I sure know
>> I can't keep rosemary alive, despite my best attempts. Local herb
>> farmers at our local farmers' market have told me it's pretty
>> impossible to do without a greenhouse. *sigh* I can cook with both of
>> them, though! (OFC)

Thanks for that little tidbit.  Upon moving here and seeing how the soil in
my back yard turned my basil, tarragon, and catnip into 3 foot tall
overgrown bushes in a matter of months, I was sure I would have no problem
with rosemary... Much to my dismay though, the rosemary as well the juniper
bushes just sort of sit there where planted and refuse to grow at all.  Will
try a greenhouse this time.