Rosemary was Re: [Sca-cooks] bananas are herbs?

SCAbeathog at cs.com SCAbeathog at cs.com
Sat Feb 28 09:41:44 PST 2004

In a message dated 2/28/2004 7:17:20 AM Pacific Standard Time,
boroghul at narn.pecan-tree.com writes:

> Thanks for that little tidbit.  Upon moving here and seeing how the soil in
> my back yard turned my basil, tarragon, and catnip into 3 foot tall
> overgrown bushes in a matter of months, I was sure I would have no problem
> with rosemary... Much to my dismay though, the rosemary as well the juniper
> bushes just sort of sit there where planted and refuse to grow at all.  Will
> try a greenhouse this time.

Do not give up on rosemary!  She really is a tease, and will sit there, with
no reaction to any nurturing whatsoever, for quite a while.  I've seen her do
it for two years and then double and triple in size the next year!  I've heard
it said of a lot of herbs that they must go to hell and back before they
begin to thrive.

Beathog