[Sca-cooks] turkducken and display

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Jan 3 23:10:34 PST 2004

Huette commented:
> I was thinking that doing a turkduckhen as a
> ballotine would be pretty gourmet and cool.
We've probably discussed this before, but what is a "ballotine"?

Be careful of the display for a turkducken or the effect will be
ruined. Many years ago a friend of mine spent numerous hours preparing
a turkducken for our baronial Yule Revel potluck. She had set it on the
table, and before she knew it the kitchen staff has cut it up into
small pieces. And the lighting was so poor that you really couldn't see
what it was, other than pieces of meat. She was *not* happy about it
and this was several years after that event.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com