[Sca-cooks] RE: Janete of hens

Vincent Cuenca bootkiller at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 5 11:46:29 PST 2004

>Hey, everybody.
>Has anyone ever done this recipe? I'm trying to figure out a redaction
>(last minute, I know, but the feast is next weekend....*sigh*), and I'm
>wondering about the chicken liver in the dish.  I'm not an organ meat
>person, so I'm entirely unsure as to how much I should figure on
>adding.....
>--maire, starting to tear her hair out....

I haven't done the recipe, but I can tell you that chicken livers, either
raw or cooked, are a common thickener and flavoring agent in Spanish
cooking.  Use one liver per whole chicken.  Alternately, try it without the
livers and see what you get.  De Nola does encourage his readers to get
inventive, after all...

Vicente

If you get into a jam, you can always eat something, blow something up or
throw penguins. --Jim Henson