[Sca-cooks] Re:bacon in the broiler

Devra at aol.com Devra at aol.com
Fri Jan 9 09:14:36 PST 2004

        I used to have a wonderful Black Angus (?) broiler in which I did the
bacon.  I would put it on the rack which slid over a dripping pan, place it
quite low in the broiler, turn the heat down to low, and just let if cook.
Maybe 20 minutes or so.  The bacon slices came out brown and crisp, the fat in
the dripping pan was clear and light-colored so you could cook with it, and all
spatters were restrained within the broiler (glass door let you peek at it
easily).
     Alas, the broiler succumbed to age, but a toaster oven or other enclosed
broiler might do as well.
     Devra, reminiscing

Devra Langsam
www.poisonpenpress.com