[Sca-cooks] Hi! I'm back....

ekoogler1 at comcast.net ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Fri Jan 9 09:31:09 PST 2004

Hello Friends!

I have finally reached a point where I think I will have time to be part of this list again.  I really regretted having to withdraw some time back, but the traffic on the list was so very high...and I was just starting a new job with lots of stuff to learn.  Since then, life has been VERY interesting...but I won't bore you with most of it...at least not the bad parts.

Job-wise, I'm back to being unemployed, but have a tentative contract that hopefully will turn into a real job in the next day or so.

Life-wise...I suspect you may have heard that Phillip and I finally made our living arrangements legal...we were married on December 20, 2002.  We had a handfasting at this past Pennsic, which made the whole thing complete so far as our SCA family was concerned.

For those of you who don't know me, I've been playing this silly game for about 25 years...and have enjoyed cooking for most of that time.  I live in the Kingdom of Atlantia, Barony of Dun Carraig, where Phillip and I stepped down as Baron and Baroness in November, after 6 years.  I have also been honored with a Pelican and a Laurel by my Kingdom.  The Laurel was partially for cooking and partially for the research and teaching of Japanese culture.  My persona is a 16th Century Japanese lady.  I enjoy all sorts of cooking, but am greatly interested in the culinary history of Asia, particularly Japan and China.

I'm delighted to be back...and look forward to many great conversations.

Kiri