[Sca-cooks] Seeking assistance with Event menu

Susan Laing paxford at gil.com.au
Sun Jan 11 07:11:55 PST 2004

Hi Everyone!

I've agreed to be the event cook for the Great Northern War event (held in
Queensland Australia each August) and need to come up with an event menu and
costings by next friday so the Baronial council can accept the bid.

The Time Theme for the event this year is "Scots versus England" set in the
time period of King Edward Longshanks and William Wallace with the preferred
food emphasis (as defined by the Event Steward) as being "Scottish" - so
time period for recipes is approximately early 1300's.

I've also been asked to "keep it simple and low cost" - so I'll probably be
looking at mostly a basic feast of roast meats and side dishes.

I also have a wild idea for a soltitie involving a fanciful "Hunting of the
Haggis" so won't be worried about adding real actual haggis to the menu.

So anyone able to give me ideas on what might be good to add in for the full
weekend's menu?  I have two breakfasts; two lunches and a full feast to
cater for.

Thanks!

Mari de Paxford