[Sca-cooks] breaded pork shish-kabobs?

Jane Boyko jboyko at magma.ca
Sun Jan 11 17:09:56 PST 2004

Hi there

Sorry it has taken so long to post a response to this.  It took a while to
remember to ask my mother when I spoke with her.  I am sorry that I don't
have amounts.  She was difficult on this which made me laugh as usually she
wants the amounts.  Sigh.

A good cut of pork ie. pork butt
Cut meat into 1 inch chunks.
Marinate in your favourite marinating sauce for 24 to 48 hours.  My family
uses a mixture of finely diced onion and garlic with some soy and
worchestershire sauce. When I asked her to be more specific she wasn't able
to remember.

Drain.

Skewer meat on thick skewers.  Not the tiny narrow ones used for fruit
shishkabobs.  These skewers are short (6 inches) and take approx. 5 chunks of
meat.  Try getting them from a Polish delicatessan or asking if they can
direct you from a source.  Having seen these skewers I can tell you they are
approx. 1/4 inch thick.

Prepare a mixture of breadcrumbs and flours.
Roll kabob in the breadcrumbs then egg and back in the breadcrumbs.

Pan fry to brown and then pack into a roasting pan.  The kabobs must be
standing on their skewers and be upright.  This way any fat will run to the
bottom and pool around the skewers not the kabob itself.

Bake in a moderate oven for 1.5 to 2 hours.  Remove and serve.

Again I am sorry I don't have any amounts.  I have never made these but as
soon as I can get amounts I will post again for a more accurate recipe.  If
any of you feel adventurous have fun and let me know how they turned out.

Also if you don't find that this is clear enough please email me with your
questions and I will try to explain it better.

Marina