[Sca-cooks] haggis

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Jan 11 19:59:34 PST 2004

Adamantius commented:
> You actually might have
> fun trying to see how many known period haggis variants you could
> include without actually going the pluck, paunch and oats route.
Actually, I believe the period recipes that I have for haggis are all
of the non-pluck, non-paunch type.
I have a number of the traditional recipes, but I think these are
either have no date given or are later than 1600 CE.
haggis-msg        (94K) 10/25/01    Scottish haggis recipes. comments
on haggis.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/haggis-msg.html

This is in the FOOD-MEATS section, not because the recipes all have
meat in them, but because that is where I suspect most people will look
for information on haggis.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas