[Sca-cooks] Clotted/Devon cream question

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Mon Jan 12 15:17:47 PST 2004

Magdalena asked:

Ok, I have a dumb question.  I thought that Devon cream and clotted
cream were pretty much the same stuff.  But, I was at an import shop the
other day to buy one or the other and found two jars of the same brand,
one labeled Devon cream and the other clotted cream.  So, what is the
difference?
<<<<

I believe both Devon cream and clotted cream, as well as a number of other similar cream and milk products from our previous discussions here can be found in this file in the FOOD section of the Florilegium:
dairy-prod-msg    (80K) 10/ 4/01    Dairy products. milk, butter, curds, cream.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/dairy-prod-msg.html

Stefan