[Sca-cooks] Preserved Foods

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 13 00:10:55 PST 2004

OK, as if i'm not doing enough already, i am now the Deputy Silver
Spoon. The Silver Spoon is the cooking competition in the
Principality of the Mists (in the Kingdom of the West) held at our
four main events each year.

The Minister and i have come up with the competitions for the coming year.

One - in the fall - will be for Preserved Foods.

I'm thinking of mustards, compost, pickles, jams, and such.

I am not looking for specific recipes or sources, although those are
nice, but i would like to know what other sorts of preserved foods
are period. I'm sure the above only scratches the surface...

Thanks,
Anahita