[Sca-cooks] Chicken Stock w/ginger recipe

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Mon Jan 12 21:44:21 PST 2004

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> Since it was requested, here it is. I imagine some of the non-period
ingredients could be substituted. My mother affectionately calls it "Ninety
Weight soup" - it worked wonders on my man's pneumonia/flu that he was down
with.

> Rich Chicken Stock
<snip>

Why would you want to substitute for the non-period ingredients? It would
still be a modern recipe. Leave it alone, and cook period food when you want
period food and modern food when you want modern food. As long as it's good
food, you need not make apologies for either.

Looks like a good recipe, though, other than the star anise ;-)

Saint Phlip,
CoDoLDS

 Blacksmith's credo.

cat.