[Sca-cooks] barbarians....

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Wed Jan 21 15:46:59 PST 2004

Brandu/Capt Elias in reviewing the Barbarians series commented:

Makes me wonder what other "facts" they played fast and loose with.
(Like the fact that Harald's invasion of England was partly in concert with William's, and they barely touched on the relationship between the Vikings and Normans... )
All in all I can't say I recommend it as anything but the broadest overview.
<<<<<<

I did learn some new stuff from the Mongols show last night. However, unless I missed something, they seemed to be saying the Pax Mongolia opened up the trade routes and introduced the Europeans to the spices and the riches of the East. It did *re* open the trade routes, but the Romans had been importing huge quantities of spices long before the Mongols came along.

Stefan