[Sca-cooks] Beets

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Jan 31 21:52:34 PST 2004

> > I was browsing the Florilegium and found this on beets:
> > http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-VEGETABLES/vegetables-msg.html
> >> Curiously the red beet with a bulbous
> >> root was new to Gerard; common beets were white or
> >> yellow and eaten as greens. (Even in the 16th, beets
> >> often were called by their French name.)
> >> Alysoun
I don't know if this is in a message that covered more than beets so I
didn't move it or whether it is a message I should have moved and
missed. However, for those interested, there is a lot more info on
beets in this file in the same section:
beets-msg         (68K) 11/16/02    Period beet roots and beet greens.
Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-VEGETABLES/beets-msg.html

Stefan
--------