[Sca-cooks] Visit to Portland Oregon

Wanda Pease wandap at hevanet.com
Thu Jan 1 18:13:56 PST 2004

There are three Pendleton Outlets in Oregon/Washington.  One is in Pendleton
(Duh!), one is in Washougal, Washington - about 10 miles from my home in NE
Portland. The third is just outside of Milwaukie, Oregon (about 10 miles
from home) sharing the building with Good Will As Is, another place I visit
regularly (whole bolt of garnet red Dupioni for $10 once) as a source for
garb, pots, pans, and feast gear.

The Portland outlet has buttons for 10 cents each, and Ultra Suede for $15 a
yard.  The Washougal store has most of the discount fabric with some going
for as low as $3.00 a yard!  All are within easy reach with a car, but not
by public transportation (okay, so the Pendleton Pendleton Store is 3 hours
away by good highway).

The Portland Art Museum has a nice Bronzino portrait as well as lovely
Oriental things and is in the center of Fareless Square (all buses and
trolley rides free) downtown on the Park Blocks (park as in green space, not
parking lot).  Also easy to get to.

Bring rain gear and warm stuff for under it, although at the moment we are
having the first genuine snow storm I've seen in several years.

Regina Romsey, 'Lanie's Keeper