[Sca-cooks] obscure measurements

karobert at unm.edu karobert at unm.edu
Fri Jan 2 09:52:08 PST 2004

Quoting "Pixel, Goddess and Queen" <pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com>:

 We had cheese and jelly glasses when I was growing up. Can
> you
> even get the Kraft spreads in the glasses anymore?

why, yes you can... at least in albuquerque, new mexico at the smith's
and albertson's stores.   same kind of glass, same kind of lid, same
kind of flavores...pineapple cream cheese, olde english, cheddar bacon,
and the childhood dreaded pimento cheddar.  up until a couple years ago
i still used them as bagel/muffin spreads for camping brekkies.  that
was when there was just two of us, and they were handy, 1 jar per
breakfast, disposable and cheap. now at 8-10 hungry campers.... well, it
isn't as practical.

cailte
remembering fondly but not fondly enuf for $2.19 for 4 oz.