[Sca-cooks] obscure measurements

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Fri Jan 2 17:53:51 PST 2004

As for why juice glasses are so small, it's because 4 ounces is considered a
single serving size of juice.  Like 1/2 cup of cooked vegetables is one
serving, and 1/2 cup of ice cream (I know, but it is the size of one scoop).
One piece of fruit is usually one serving, bananas are sometimes large and
so 1/2 a banana is often served as a single serving.  So, 4 ounces of juice
is one serving.
Now back to your reminiscences of jelly and cheese jars from your childhood.
I loved the pineapple cream cheese stuff as a kid...
Christianna