[Sca-cooks] Good recipes for fresh eggs?

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Wed Jan 7 07:45:57 PST 2004

Brangwayna asked:

Friends of mine have been sent home with a multitude of fresh (laid this
week) brown eggs - 30 egg flats worth!  Any suggestions on period things best done
with fresh eggs, that I could take to a potluck on Saturday?
<<<<

You might want to look through the recipes in these two Florilegium files in the FOOD section:
eggs-msg         (140K) 12/25/02    Egg storage. Recipes. Substitutions.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/eggs-msg.html
eggs-stuffed-msg  (32K) 12/25/02    Period stuffed eggs dishes. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/eggs-stuffed-msg.html

I'm not sure how you (or they) are storing that many eggs, but perhaps some of the comments in this file might be of use:
egg-storage-msg   (16K)  2/ 7/02    Period and modern raw egg storage.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/egg-storage-msg.html

Stefan