[Sca-cooks] Good recipes for fresh eggs?

vicki shaw vhsjvs at gis.net
Wed Jan 7 20:06:38 PST 2004

Greetings again, Adamtius,
I guess the final difference between this and he fritata is that it is not
flipped over.  I missed one word in the second paragraph:

> >break up into small pieces.  If the pieces are too big, the slices will
[NOT] hold
> >their shape when cut.

> Sounds like it; the lemon is a nice, fairly unexpected, touch, but
> just the thing to add some zip when the thing has reached near room
> temperature.

yup, you got it!

> >As for its earliest form, I couldn't tell you.  My grandmother also used
> >make it with brains.  Might be horrible to some, but it was quite delish.

, but as part of a frito misto, or in some other form where
> the... ahem... visual and textural issues are addressed... yum.
> Certainly no more nasty than eating eggs, if you want to think about

I dunno, been eaten them since I was little in Morocco, so they don't bother
me.  I prepare them in a nice tomato-base sauce with lots of spices and
herbs and I actually love the texture.  I've even eaten roasted salted
locusts.  They decimated the crops way back in 1957 or so, a huge cloud of
them that turned day into night, so we ate them!
mephistophelian laugh follows.....