[Sca-cooks] For Stefan- sorry about the bandwidth, folks

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Thu Jan 8 09:13:29 PST 2004

Lainie commented:

Stefan, I tried to send you some mail today, and it bounced. I pasted the
bounce message to the bottom of this post. Do you know anything about this?
Is it fixable or not? -'Lainie
<<<<

I have looked through the file indicated in the error message but I'm not entirely certain why Roadrunner doesn't like Lainie's server. I have asked Lainie to send a copy of the error message to her ISP and I've sent a copy to RoadRunner (my ISP).

Angharad had a similar problem last week. I'm afraid I have mixed feelings about RoadRunner's filtering. While I certainly don't want to miss any messages from any of you and I hate to see anyone inconvenienced, I am currently getting hundreds of spam messages every day, both at work and home. The filters on the Apple Mail program do seem to do a fairly good job although perhaps part of it is the pre-filtering that RoadRunner does. But the spam is making it harder and harder to continue to use email.

I suspect the Internet is probably going to have go to some kind of verified identity email.

Stefan
***Save the Internet. Execute all convicted spammers. ***

I would suggest some of the methods detailed in the punishments-msg file, athough some are too mild.