Wales was RE: [Sca-cooks] Good recipes for fresh eggs?

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu Jan 8 13:43:53 PST 2004

At 10:05 AM 1/8/2004, you wrote:
>i have a bud who does early welsh... lemme see if i can get some research
>info for you.   scotland, ireland, wales about 100-200 yrs behind english
>fashion, yes....
>
>cailte
>8th cent irishwoman
>
>--On Thursday, January 08, 2004 12:47 PM -0500 Generys ferch Ednuyed
><generys at blazemail.com> wrote:
>
>>Would clothing in Wales really differ that much from the
>>rest of England at this time? It's about 200 years too early for me to
>>know about...

Clothing in Wales in that time period is not substantively different than
England. You might find things like a different apron or headwrap style in
different villages, but the underlying clothing is the same. And no, we
aren't talking 100-200 years behind in fashion- more like 30. Enough to
look a bit old fashioned, but not especially remarkable.

Generys, when in the 15th c are you playing? I'm frustrated because I don't
know anyone besides Edouard and I who are playing in 1403, -er, _1404_.

'Lainie
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president ... right or
wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to
the American public." -- Teddy Roosevelt, 1918