Wales was RE: [Sca-cooks] Good recipes for fresh eggs?

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu Jan 8 14:35:10 PST 2004

At 02:04 PM 1/8/2004, you wrote:
><blush> I'm not nearly that specific - the problem is I like both Burgundian
>garb and earlier "true houppelandes" (w/ lots of dags!) so I haven't quite
>narrowed it down yet - usually more towards, hmm, 1415 if I had to pick
>though.  I'm guessing the two of you also do French? And what kingdom are
>you in sca wise?
>
>Generys

We're in An Tir. Edouard is Scots/Gascon  (and the worst of both worlds
;-), my father was Norman, and most of my lands are in Normandy, but mum
was from Poitou, so I spend some time in the South.

As far as clothes and things, there is something of an era that has been
dubbed 'International Gothic', roughly 1380-1420. Much of the clothing is
interchangable, which makes it both easier and more difficult at the same
time. My best sources are in the 1400- 1410 range.

The Burgundians have interesting hats, but those new-fangled fashions! My
my! ;-)

'Lainie
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president ... right or
wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to
the American public." -- Teddy Roosevelt, 1918