[Sca-cooks] OOP ribbon candy jig

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius at verizon.net
Fri Jan 9 09:10:38 PST 2004

Also sprach Olwen the Odd:
>Well, at least the one picture I have found
>online does not show it being wooden.  See here:
>http://www.kellerhaus.com/ribboncandyl.htm .  They have a whole sequence of
>pictures of ribbon candy making.  At the lower
>right hand corner of the pictures
>is one of a lady pulling candy through the jig.

Ah. So maybe this might be of interest?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3265674420&category=3631

I was thinking you'd want something on a smaller
scale, not for industrial production, but the
machine at the URL above looks quite a lot like
the one in the webbed pages you mention.

I was just thinking of something with wooden
pegs, kinda like a hat rack. You'd have to wrap
the ribbon around the pegs to get the effect, and
be quick about it, but it might work just fine on
a small scale.

A.