[Sca-cooks] Baking bacon

Diana Scott liadan at pldi.net
Fri Jan 9 18:07:40 PST 2004

For making large quantities of bacon in the oven, I use a jelly-roll pan
(some call it a cookie sheet with 1" sides). I crush aluminum foil into
a ball and straighten it out to line the pan, making creases for the fat
to drain into. I lay the bacon in the lined pan(s) so the sides do not
touch. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 25 minutes depending on the
thickness of the bacon slices and how crisp/brown you like your bacon. I
remove the bacon and pat the additional grease off with paper toweling
before serving. Fat can be drained from the foil or the foil folded and
discarded fat and all (horrors!).

Liadan