[Sca-cooks] Looking for Crab recipes

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sun Jan 11 10:42:36 PST 2004

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> what is meant by"  Blanch almonds and grind him, and draw him up with
> > water. ???

Those are one variant of the basic instructions for almond milk, which was
used quite often in the Christian Middle Ages as a substitute for other milk
on fast days. It's also pretty good in its own right, so I doubt the
feasters were suffering ;-)

> The rest of the recipe is clear enough.  I have a wonderful recipe (my own
> invention) for sweet rice prepared with diced dried fruit (mango, currants
> or cranberries,a nd pineapple), toasted shredded coconut and toasted
sesame
> seeds, honey and orange flower water.  You use sweet rice for this.  It
can
> be eaten while still warm, or chilled and served in a nice dessert goblet.
>
> If anyone is interested.....
> Angharad

Sure, send it along. Sounds like a descendant of the blancmanger recipes
from the MA- do you know where you got the inspiration?

Saint Phlip,
CoDoLDS

 Blacksmith's credo.

cat.