[Sca-cooks] Moroccan preserved lemon recipe

vicki shaw vhsjvs at gis.net
Sun Jan 11 11:40:39 PST 2004

Greetings Mike
Oh you are so lucky to have citrus trees!  When I lived in Morocco, my
father rented a farm that we lived on for three years and it was full of
every kind of citrus trees, plus plums and figs and cherries.  The smell of
the two tangerine trees right in front of the house was intoxicating in the
morning!  We had an almond tree as well and when these were all in bloom
there was a different kind of smell in the air, also intoxicating!  I would
not know what Meyer and Eureka lemons are since I never knew them by
variety.

The best lemons to use would be thin-skinned ones with the smoothest skin.
They tend to be somewhat smaller than the thick-skinned type with lots of
pocks, or large pores.  If all I can find on the market are larged pored
thick skinned lemons, then before I cut them at all, I let them soak in cold
water for a few days, changing the water everyday.  It takes some of the
bitterness out of the skin.

does that help?

www.omygoddess.biz