[Sca-cooks] baby bok choy

vicki shaw vhsjvs at gis.net
Sun Jan 11 14:48:09 PST 2004

Yes, of course sesame oil is a seasoning.  That much I know.  I dont cook
with it, or at the very best, i will dribble a bit at the end jsut before
serving.

Thank you for all the interesting information.  As for MY too much
information down at the botton, well that was just a joke, but you know
that.

I had a roomie once from Beijing who spoke Mandarin and cooked Mandarin and
she taught me a lot.  The best thing she ever taught me is not to forget you
are heating hot chilies in the dry skillet and walk away!  We had to run out
of hte house after she ran to the kitchen and turned off the fire because
the smoke was burning our eyes!
She actually ruined me for Chinese restaurants in America.  Once you get a
taste of the real stuff, restaurants are at best ersatz.

Thanks again!!!  I am off to cook my dinner!  Will put up some rice to
accompany the toy!

Anghard ferch Iorwerth; MKA Vicki Shaw
Barony Beyond the Mountain
East Kingdom
vhsjvs at gis.net

Grapeseed oil seems to have the highest smoke point.  I use it in massage
oil, but it is excellent for cooking as well, with a very mild flavor good
when you dont want an oil taste.

. I'd rather have an oil which, since I can taste it, tastes