[Sca-cooks] breaded pork shish-kabobs?

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius at verizon.net
Sun Jan 11 18:11:01 PST 2004

Also sprach Jane Boyko:
>Skewer meat on thick skewers.  Not the tiny narrow ones used for fruit
>shishkabobs.  These skewers are short (6 inches) and take approx. 5 chunks of
>meat.  Try getting them from a Polish delicatessan or asking if they can
>direct you from a source.  Having seen these skewers I can tell you they are
>approx. 1/4 inch thick.

My Italian butcher (who provided lovely lamb which we just ate as
spiedies a couple of hours ago), uses something like what you
describe to make sausage wheels, rolling the raw sausage into a
spiral wheel shape, then pinning it together with a skewer through
the edge of the wheel, to and through the center, and out the other
side. I'd say these are cylindrical dowels, maybe 5 to 6 inches long,
3/16 inch in diameter, sharpened like a pencil at one end.

Adamantius