[Sca-cooks] cooking rice

DeeWolff at aol.com DeeWolff at aol.com
Mon Jan 12 04:32:34 PST 2004

I have found that a way to "fix" uncooked rice is to take the offending
grains, put it in a microwaveable bowl with top and to "nuke" it.

This pretty much takes care of the problem, by steaming the "crunchy"
kernels.

Otherwise, I once read here (I believe it was Cariadoc's post) that boiling
the water, adding the rice and stirring in the almond milk, bringing all back
up to a boil, and then turning off the heat and putting it on the back of a
warm stove works well.

I use this method, with few failures. I also learned that smaller batches are
the best way to do it, and microwaving the offending remains follow-ups the
"failure to thrive."

Or, I can just bring my rice cooker to an event.

Andrea
who lived on all types of rice before Atkins

Our minds are like our stomachs; they are whetted by the change of their
food, and variety supplies both with fresh appetites.
Marcus Fabius Quintilian (35 - 90) Roman orator