[Sca-cooks] A culinary history site from Kiri

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Mon Jan 12 17:03:58 PST 2004

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> >Ah well. I will remember that SCA-Cooks doesn't care for the food
timeline
> >in future.
> >
> >-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net

Jadwiga, will you please differentiate between one person's opinion, and the
opinions of the many people on Cook's List? Bear posted that he felt it had
specific weaknesses- most secondary, tertiary, etc sources do. Scholarship
is not a matter of "caring" or "not caring" about a particular source, it's
about studying them all, and weighing the weaknesses and strngths of each in
various areas important to the scholar.

As an example, Fabulous Feast's recipes suck. OTOH, a lot of the information
about place settings and the like, however are pretty good. I wouldn't buy
it- I have no interest in place settings- my interest is in recipes, but for
someone else interested in place settings, it might be well worth the price.

Value sources for their strengths, and be aware of their weaknesses, just as
you do your friends- or do we choose to have no friends, because none of
them, being human beings, are perfect?

Saint Phlip,
CoDoLDS

 Blacksmith's credo.