[Sca-cooks] A culinary history site from Kiri

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Jan 12 19:20:36 PST 2004

> > >Ah well. I will remember that SCA-Cooks doesn't care for the food
> timeline
> > >in future.
> > >
> > >-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
>
> Jadwiga, will you please differentiate between one person's opinion, and the
> opinions of the many people on Cook's List? Bear posted that he felt it had
> specific weaknesses- most secondary, tertiary, etc sources do. Scholarship
> is not a matter of "caring" or "not caring" about a particular source, it's
> about studying them all, and weighing the weaknesses and strngths of each in
> various areas important to the scholar.

I think we are having a prepositional problem. There is a great deal of
difference between 'care FOR' and 'care ABOUT' in this context. "I don't
care for x" means, in this context, that I don't particularly like it, but
I don't actively dislike it.

*shrug* I thought it was pretty cool that a site previously mentioned
as rather good for what it was, should have gotten the creator her boss's
kudos and a lot of hits. However, my posting about it got three separate
complaints about it, one tempered with 'well, it's better than what else
is out there'.

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens
can change the world; indeed it's the only thing that ever has..."
-- Margaret Mead