[Sca-cooks] this list was a worrisome quote from Le Menagier

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue Jan 13 07:03:03 PST 2004

SCA-Cooks is probably one of the only places where one can post
this sort of question and actually have a range of responses on and
off the topic.... I mean how many other lists actually have people
on them that can actually pull  Power's The  Goodman of Paris,
Brereton and Ferrier's edition, the modern French edition of the
same by Karin Ueltschi, and the Slatkine Reprints edition off the shelf
and check
all those versions at 11 at night. This is what makes it different from
a number of the other lists and makes it incredibly useful.
As a reference librarian, I was taught to never discount the question or the
questioner.

Johnnae
(and yes the spouse and son were wondering
what it was I was doing so late at night)