[Sca-cooks] Needing help with... Breakfast quantaties

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 13 08:37:29 PST 2004

>Firstly - Thanks for all the ideas and help I've been receiving regarding
>the "Scottish theme" feast I'm doing, it's all much appreciated.
>
>I've decided on simple breakfasts of  Porridge (of course!); Bacon and
>Scrambled Eggs (Served with toast and spreads)
>
>Unfortunately my "Large Quantity Recipes" book ignores the concept of
>breakfast entirely (or perhaps they don't count Bacon & Scrambled eggs as
>"recipes" as such) so I have no idea of how much of each dish to cater
>for....
>
>I'd like to start my figures at "for 50 people I will require the following
>raw ingredients".....
>
>Anyone have any clues on this?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Mari de Paxford

To some extent it will depend on how you plan to serve.  If it is portioned
out by someone then, obviously, you have control over how much each person
gets.  If they serve themselves, well, it gets trickier.  Generally though,
it would be two eggs per person, which comes out to about 9 dozen.
Typically it would be 3 slices of bacon per serving.

We generally buy a case of eggs and a 10 pound box of bacon ends.  The
amount of eggs in a case will cover some of the eggs needed in other recipes
and if you *have* any bacon left, you can use it elsewhere to flavor things
or divi it up and take it home.  We never have any left.  But we are very
fond of bacon.
Olwen