[Sca-cooks] OOP Bugs was:International recipe site

Robert Downie rdownie at mb.sympatico.ca
Tue Jan 13 14:05:42 PST 2004

Olwen the Odd wrote:

> While looking online for a book titled Merry Go Round of Recipes from
> Jamaica, I found this interesting, yet OOP site.  Some of the recipes sound
> very good so I bookmarked it and thought I would share.  Some of the recipes
> are at little *too* interesting like this one:
> Flying Termites or "Kumbekumbe"

This is apparently a relatively established cuisine.  I picked up (on sale),
_The Eat-A-Bug Cookbook: 33 ways to cook grasshoppers, ants, water bugs,
spiders, centipedes, and their kin_ by David George Gordon, author of _The
Complete Cockroach_.  The pictures are kind of neat, (especially the Scorpion
Scalloppine) but I'm not sure I could ever get over my sqeamishness.
However...I have considered indulging in some sotletie subterfuge, and
recreating their likeness with some other foods, inviting people over for supper
and casually leave the cookbook on the coffee table.  I'm not evil, I just have
a very twisted sense of humor :-)

Faerisa