[Sca-cooks] SCA Iron Chef

Naquiba Katira al-Maghrebiyya cynaguanswan at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 13 15:04:28 PST 2004

The Barony of Vinhold in the West holds a "Siege
Cooking contest"  at an annual event where they
provide all the ingredients at no cost.  Some you must
use, others are optional.  They also provide pots/pans
and a large charcoal grill for cooking.  It is
generally a team of 2-3 people and they have about 2
hours to plan, cook and serve.  I have watched this
contest and judged it.   Great fun for all.   The time
I judged, I asked for one team to note the
ingredients/process for a couple of delicious dishes
while still fresh in their minds!!

An interesting side note, one year there was bread as
an ingredient and NOT ONE TEAM used bread crumbs in a
sauce and noone really used it to advantage.

Katira

--- Jane/Bj Tremaine <vikinglord at worldnet.att.net>

http://www.florilegium.org/files/CELEBRATIONS/cookg-compet-msg.html