[Sca-cooks] OT Large cake question

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue Jan 13 17:38:30 PST 2004

14 inch is 78  servings...

15 cups batter for a single three inch layer...
325 degrees f  at 75-85 minutes
9 cups cups icing to frost...
This comes from the Wilton Cake Decorating Book.
I would watch the oven temperature pretty carefully and
get it placed in the center. You may need to turn it. Also make sure there's
not a high spot of batter... even it out.
You might take a look at their web site
www.wilton.com

Johnnae llyn Lewis