[Sca-cooks] lemon curd

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Jan 14 20:18:43 PST 2004

As I was saving the recipe mentioned here for lemon curd, I found
another message on lemon curd posted to this list a while back. Since I
thought some of you might also be making this lemon curd, I thought I'd
go ahead and post this.

And since I don't remember the answer to her question, I'll ask it
again. Does anyone have any information about when lemon curd was first
made? Is it with our period?

Stefan

> Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 18:29:13 EDT
> From: MPengwyn at aol.com
> Subject: Re: SC - Lemon Curd
>
> MGroulx at NRCan.gc.ca writes:
> << I usually make this around Christmas time and fill cooked tart
> shells
> with it.  >>
>
> That's exactly what I do when I make mine, and its especially good
> spread on
> pound cake. My recipe is fantastic, just tangy enough. I use superfine
> or
> "bar" sugar by the way. Dissolves very quickly and is close to caster
> sugar
> in appearance.
>
> Does anyone have any clues about its periodness though?
>
> Meg
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com