[Sca-cooks] OOP Bugs was:International recipe site

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Jan 14 21:52:04 PST 2004

At 09:22 PM 1/14/2004, you wrote:
>apart from canibals who probably ate every part of the human, why is it that
>organ meats such as brain, liver, kidney, heart, tripe, and aye, even
>testicles have been consumed, are consumed, but I have never heard of a dish
>made of bull, pig, or sheep penises....do other cultures consume them and
>only we have some kind of taboo?  I am just curious is all.

Oh, dear God, I'm going to fall over- If only Ras were here...

Dear, high thee to Stefan's Florilegium. I can't remember where it is, but
there's a file in there that covers exactly these recipes, and yes
Virginia, there really is a recipe for Bull's Penis. There was an extended
conversation on this list about the Bull Penis and Sheep's Testicles- which
if I remember right, was served at a cooks gathering at Pennsic, yes?
Phlip, weren't you there?

Ooohh... my Eudora is giving me nasty looks for the language in this post!
I think I shall dub this program Mrs. Grundy!

'Lainie
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president ... right or
wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to
the American public." -- Teddy Roosevelt, 1918