[Sca-cooks] Preserved Foods

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Jan 14 22:50:15 PST 2004

Angharad commented:
> I am very interested to know how period pickles were prepared.  I love
> all things pickled and have always got some jars going.
> pickled-food-msg (116K)  5/ 7/02    Medieval pickled food. recipes.

For olives:
olives-msg        (43K)  7/14/02    Period olives. Processing fresh
olives.

I'm not sure how much info I have on period processes. You may have
more information on olive processing than most of us, considering you
grew up in olive country.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas