[Sca-cooks] Safety in the Kitchen

ekoogler1 at comcast.net ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Thu Jan 15 08:40:48 PST 2004

This reminds me of the time I was working in the kitchen and had on black tenny pumps.  I had to leave the kitchen briefly to go to the "loo".  On the way, a couple of young women stopped me and told me that my footwear was out of period, and that I should locate something more appropriate.  I told them that I would do that if they would go in the kitchen, stand on their feet for 8 hours on a concrete floor, and then be able to walk the next day!

I now have shoes that have more support that I potentially could wear...and often do.  But I still keep my handy-dandy tevas on hand.  I also found that the wonderful clogs that Lands End sells...the ones for about $25...offer great support as well.
Kiri