[Sca-cooks] (let's barter!) was: Preserved Foods

vicki shaw vhsjvs at gis.net
Thu Jan 15 08:51:51 PST 2004

Mmm, tough decision!
I think the cookbook would be great!  I love anything pear and lemon curd
but I would have a hard time not emptying the jar in one sitting!
I make my own orange marmalade also with seville oranges.  Can I have your
recipe.  The one I use leaves the marmalade too loose for my taste, unless I
am not cooking it enough.  This one calls for orange juice instead of water,
the rest is standard re sugar, preparation of oranges and final cooking.  I
ordered the oranges from Florida and was considering not ordering them again
this year unless I get a better recipe.
Thanks!!!

Send me an address so I can put a pot of the AG in the mail to you.  It will
be next week as I have just sold my last two pots and need to make more.
The advantage to you will be that you will get a fresh batch from this
year's harvest of St. John's Wort!!!

Kiri wrote:
> Hmmmm....t.I can send you a copy of my cookbook, which I compiled to be
used as a gift for a friend/apprentice.  It contains Italian Renaissance,
oriental, late period and other recipes sorted by the event I used them for.
Or, if you wish, I have my version of Platina's reddish mustard.  Or pear
butter (not period), lemon curd (not period), or orange marmalade (made with
seville oranges).  Let me know what you like.  I can send the cookbook as a
zip file so it won't be quite so huge.