[Sca-cooks] lemon curd

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 15 09:49:41 PST 2004

A comparison between commercial lemon curds:
http://www.detnews.com/2002/food/0211/17/c09-9821.htm
but nothing is better than home-made, in my ever-humble opinion.

The process of making Lemon Curd is an acid-fat emulsion not unlike the
making of Hollandaise Sauce, so my gut-level guess is that it's no earlier.

As usual, it's MAW-BAH [Me At Work, Book At Home] so if someone could
look in Mrs. Beeton's under "Lemon Cheese" as well as Lemon Curd, there
might be something there.  Or I'll check later in the day.

Selene Colfox
selene at earthlink.net