[Sca-cooks] rabbit pets and not

Kirsten Houseknecht kirsten at fabricdragon.com
Thu Jan 15 10:06:50 PST 2004

i used to have pet bunny, but the reason i do not any more is that i
developed an allergy to them.
i avoid all bunny products, fur, meat, whatever.... and can no longer have
pet bunny.

oddly, one of my pet rabbits was sold to me as a "dwarf" and must have been
in the wrong bin at the pet store, because he grew to almost 25 pounds of
lean bunny boy. (his name was Chocolate, he was a light and dark brown
bunny) The only temptation to eat him was that he did look like
chocolate.....
he ended up being placed for lack of room (pre allergy) with a friend (who
promised not to eat him) who raised rabbits for the table and for pet
stores.... different breeds i think.  they were going to use him as a stud
bunny.
he liked THAT idea all right...... he escaped his pen the first night and
knocked up every female rabbit in the girls pen.
the owners of the rabbitry were delighted
He produced a lot of very pretty pet bunnies, and also fathered some meat
bunnies. i expect his genes are still going strong (apparently some of his
kids with the meat producing female bunnies were HUGE) he lived there
happily being a stud rabbit until he died of old age.
Kirsten Houseknecht
Fabric Dragon
kirsten at fabricdragon.com
www.fabricdragon.com
Philadelphia, PA     USA
Trims, Amber, Jet, Jewelry, and more...

I worry about you, wear a reflective sweater...