[Sca-cooks] A choice of multiple feasts at the same SCA event

dailleurs at liripipe.com dailleurs at liripipe.com
Thu Jan 15 15:16:38 PST 2004

hey all from Anne-Marie in Madrone (Seattle, WA)

its interesting. we've offered 'above the salt and below the salt' options for our Baronial banquet a couple times now and no one ever bothers with the below the salt (much less expensive...bread, a very nice beef stew and cheese) option, while the above the board sells out every time, even at almost $20 for tickets.

we dont even have to worry about "off board" diners...pretty much everyone buys a ticket who wants to come (with 150 diners, we maybe will get a handful of folks who want to bring a picnic dinner).

the "food court" idea is an intersting one, though I';d hate to have to budget and plan for the unknown number of diners they'll be getting! (they cant even base it on the reasonable estimate of 60% of the people coming through the gate, as those diners will be split among the various options according to whim and personal taste. a planning nightmare!!!!

let us know how it goes!
--AM, who knows which tavern SHE"d go to ;)