[Sca-cooks] back to food was PETA

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu Jan 15 21:41:04 PST 2004

At 09:31 PM 1/15/2004, you wrote:
>What does she expect these cats to do? Cats are carnvores. Unless someone
>is feeding them they need to chase birds/mice etc to eat. Ofcourse round
>here the cats just tend to dig threw the trash bins.

I didn't read the article (nor do I open doors that say 'Do Not Open', or
look down the barrel of a gun to find out if it's loaded, or throw scat at
the Big Gorilla in the corner), but I can tell you that you cannot make
your kitty into a vegetarian. At least for any length of time- because cats
MUST have meat (or meat products for domesticated cats). IIRC it has to do
with an enzyme. Cats that are vegetarian are ex-cats fairly quickly. And
_THAT_ is not ethical treatment of an animal, in my view.

'Lainie
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president ... right or
wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to
the American public." -- Teddy Roosevelt, 1918