Back to PETA, was-Re: [Sca-cooks] back to food was PETA

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Thu Jan 15 22:22:35 PST 2004

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> I didn't read the article (nor do I open doors that say 'Do Not Open', or
> look down the barrel of a gun to find out if it's loaded, or throw scat at
> the Big Gorilla in the corner), but I can tell you that you cannot make
> your kitty into a vegetarian. At least for any length of time- because
cats
> MUST have meat (or meat products for domesticated cats). IIRC it has to do
> with an enzyme. Cats that are vegetarian are ex-cats fairly quickly. And
> _THAT_ is not ethical treatment of an animal, in my view.
>
> 'Lainie

Well, the thing is, that these people just don't think. If tomorrow, every
American became a vegetarian, just what would happen to all these uneaten
animals? Would they be turned out to starve? Or "killed humanely" and thrown
in a pile to rot?No doubtr, they'd expect the farmers raising them to care
for them for the rest of their natural lives- and try to legislate it.
Trouble being, that the farmers woulkd quickly starve to death, including
the big corperations.

I'd be willing to make a member of PETA a bet- I'd be willing to give up
animal flesh in any form, as long as they provided a comfortable and safe
home for the animals I would otherwise have eaten- not put them out on a
farm somewhere, but to care for them, themselves, for the rest of their
natural lives.

I'm willing to bet the PETA member would give up before I did ;-)

Lessee- they'd obviously need to start with a cow, a pig, and a lamb, a few
chickens, rabbits, and lets not forget a salt water tank for all the
lobsters, clams, oysters, scallops, and various other seafood I consume. I
also dearly love duck and goose....

Be interesting watching them fit all those critters into their apartment-
and they'd have to add a lamb per year, a pig every two years, and a cow
every 5 years (roughly). Not to mention the other critters....

Just wonder how long their commitment would last?

Saint Phlip,
CoDoLDS

 Blacksmith's credo.

cat.