[Sca-cooks] OOP Bugs was:International recipe site

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius at verizon.net
Fri Jan 16 03:05:44 PST 2004

Also sprach Ana Valdés:
>Hehe, yes, you are right, it was my "Swenglish"
>tricking me...It was the "thymus" of the animals
>we ate...(Bräss in Swedish).

Ah. "Sweetbreads". Mollejas. One of my favorites,
at least cooked the way you probably had them. In
fact, most ways ;-). Many cultures use the same
name when speaking of the pancreas as a food,
also. English-speaking butchers and cooks (those
few, it seems, who discuss sweetbreads at all
these days) distinguish between "throat
sweetbreads" (thymus) and "heart sweetbreads"
(pancreas).

>As someone working normally in three languages,
>my born Spanish, the acquired Swedish and my
>working English it's kind of difficult to keep
>all the languages separate :(

Nothing to make unhappy emoticons about ;-). I
think most people are sometimes a little
embarrassed with language difficulties, and it
can be a temptation to ignore little errors like
that one. But I feel that since you are obviously
working hard (English is a hard language to
become fluent in), you deserve our full attention
and any help we can give, if that's all right
with you. So, I'll cheerfully nag you, as long as
you want to tolerate it.

I have an interesting neighbor who is of mixed
Norwegian and Spanish ancestry; she reminds me of
you sometimes...

Adamantius