[Sca-cooks] Meat eating and PETA

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Fri Jan 16 15:06:20 PST 2004

At 02:47 PM 1/16/2004, you wrote:
>Why is it mournful? Did someone add bleu cheese to it?
>--maire, safely curled up on a sofa at the Rock.  I'm knitting, but
>there's a plateful of lovely cookies, and a huge samovar-thingie of hot
>tea, if anyone wants to join me....
>
>Laura C. Minnick wrote:
>
>>At 07:14 AM 1/16/2004, you wrote:
>>
>>>That's because ketchup has natural mellowing agents that enable you to
>>>get through your day with choking the living bejesus out of your boss...
>>
>>Ha! Another right-minded intelligent person on the list! I salute you!
>>(Pass the Mournful Oatmeal...)
>>'Lainie

It's all referenced to Prairie Home Companion. Powdermilk Biscuits (Tasty
and Expeditious!), the Ketchup Advisory Board, Guy's Shoes, Mournful
Oatmeal (Gives Shy Persons the strength to do what must be done) and a host
of others. Great fun. Their website is http://www.prairiehome.org/ and you
can even listen to old shows on-line. It really has to be heard to
understand...

Hmm... wonder if there's back issues of Guy Noir, Private Eye...

'Lainie
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president ... right or
wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to
the American public." -- Teddy Roosevelt, 1918