[Sca-cooks] cold green sauce?

Robert Downie rdownie at mb.sympatico.ca
Fri Jan 16 17:58:16 PST 2004

> > Do you have a copy of Viandier? I looked at Amazon and they will look
> > for one for you but the base price is $700.
> >
> > Elewyiss

Try a different branch of Amazon:
Amazon.ca

The viandier of Taillevent: An edition of all extant manuscripts by Taillevent
(Author) (Paperback - October 17, 1997)
Usually ships in 24 hours List Price: CDN$ 31.00 Our Price: CDN$ 31.00

The vivendier: A critical edition with English translation by Terence Scully
(Editor) (Paperback - January 1998)
Usually ships in 3 to 5 weeks US List Price: USD $22.95 CDN Equivalent: CDN$
29.38 Our Price: CDN$ 29.38

Early French Cookery: Sources, History, Original Recipes and Modern Adaptations
by D. Eleanor Scully (Author), Terence Scully (Author) (Paperback - May 2002)
Usually ships in 9 to 10 days US List Price: USD $26.95 CDN Equivalent: CDN$
34.50 Our Price: CDN$ 24.16  You Save: CDN$ 10.34 (30%) (it contains various
recipes from Le Viandier)

Faerisa

P.S. Does anyone already have a copy of Le Vivandier?  How different is it from
Le Viandier?  Is it worth getting?