[Sca-cooks] Meat eating and PETA

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Fri Jan 16 18:01:55 PST 2004

At 05:39 PM 1/16/2004, you wrote:
>Red hair? Over-exposure to nasty shades of orange anything? Strong
>fondness for gastropods and heralds?

You say that like it's a bad thing!

>We didn't get Mournful Oatmeal at my house, so much as we got Rubber
>Wheats, which were, pretty much, frumenty that hadn't been cooked long enough.
>--maire

Oatmeal. Cream of wheat. Plain. Maybe a little sugar. Even worse- scrambled
eggs. I've never been one for eating much in the morning, but even with
ketchup, my mom's scrambled eggs were pretty nasty.

I was at a friend's house once (1973, 74?) and they had RomanMeal cereal,
and I really liked it (the real maple syrup didn't hurt!), But mom said it
was too expensive. :-p

Lately I've been eating kamut, which is pretty good with an egg stirred in
just before it's done, and brown sugar on top. Or multi-grain with dried
cranberries. I shredded a little ham into it the other day and that was
wow- the blend of ham, cereal, berries, and brown sugar! This is of course
after I've had a couple of cups of tea and can be trusted with the stove. ;-D)

'Lainie
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president ... right or
wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to
the American public." -- Teddy Roosevelt, 1918